Tuesday, May 10, 2011

who are afraid of their officers.You are so modest.

 His legs were toward me and I saw in the dark and the light that they were both smashed above the knee
 His legs were toward me and I saw in the dark and the light that they were both smashed above the knee. That is true. I said to the priest.They hang you. There was a cough. with the sun on it.Youd better not go out. Maybe he was too goodlooking to be a. It was in France of course. It tells you about those priests. I had been up the river to the bridgehead at Plava. Hes a better man than I am.

 Look how you are wounded. Then in Italian: Lift him very carefully about the legs. lieutenant. It is a successful coup de main. They poured me more wine and I told the story about the English private soldier who was placed under the shower bath. Gordini stood behind me. Im awfully tired.I sat in the reception hail of the villa. Driving in convoy is not unpleasant if you are the first car and I settled back in the seat and watched the country. I said. I was blown up while we were eating cheese. We do get along.

 Would you like us to take the carsThats what I wanted to ask you.I would like you to see Abruzzi and visit my family at Capracotta.No. One of the two men who had carried it looked in. Inside I saw the head nurse. A shell had fallen and while we waited three others fell up the road. and the water was clear and swiftly moving and blue in the channels. We passed a long column of loaded mules. It was one of those things that gave you a false feeling of soldiering. then took a bite of cheese.Yes. Were not cloistered.

 then came the chuh chuhchuh chuh then there was a flash.Youre a good old boy.Its better to wear him. Let everybody defend his home. Not in this war. thats nothing to how it will feel later. Inside there was a light.Dont go. an officer directing the light and the crew scared. The pain that the major had spoken about had started and all that was happening was without interest or relation. With a girl it is painful. I am now in love with Miss Barkley.

 There are people who are afraid of their officers.No. The mountain that was beyond the valley and the hillside where the chestnut forest grew was captured and there were victories beyond the plain on the plateau to the south and we crossed the river in August and lived in a house in Gorizia that had a fountain and many thick shady trees in a walled garden and a wistaria vine purple on the side of the house. aint this a goddam warListen. We have to just walk here. loosely packed cigarettes that spilled tobacco and needed to have the ends twisted before you smoked them. Tenente. How does that feelSweat ran all over me. He paused and thought. My knee wasnt there.Why dont you ride with the transport I asked. and went through the trenches in the smasheddown town and along the edge of the slope.

 Oh Jesus shoot me Christ shoot me mama mia mama Mia oh purest lovely Mary shoot me. In the dark it was like summer lightning. I would have married him or anything.Im perfectly all right. The sun was going down and looking up along the bank as we drove I saw the Austrian observation balloons above the hills on the other side dark against the sunset. You are purer and sweeter. went to call on Miss Barkley. Florence. I myself felt as badly as he did and could not understand why I had not gone. I was after him.Yes.In the legs.

 I was still angry and as I held her suddenly she shivered.You think notNo.We might sit there just for a little while.You are crazy. Jt was warm and like the spring and I walked down the alleyway of trees.Of course some of the bonds were not accounted for but the priest had all of the three per cent bonds and several local obligations. and I knew I was dead and that it had all been a mistake to think you just died. Good by. and God be with you. He recognized me and waved a forceps. We will take over the two cars. I said.

 I will get you a copy.Yes. sitting in my trousers and an undershirt in front of the open window. Ill wrap you up and dont bounce your head around. He laughed. Well stop by the road here.Youre not a Catholic. It was a hot night and there was a good deal going on up in the mountains.You drive. Its much cooler. Carabinieri shot them. I like the simpler pleasures.

 Ill be wise like you. Outside the window it was a lovely spring morning. Thats the end of it. folded it without rising from the bed and slid it in his breeches pocket. Thats what its for. He talks French. and one day at the end of the fall when I was out where the oak forest had been I saw a cloud coming over the mountain.No. unloaded them and went away.Pas encore. I felt I had a certain advantage. said Rinaldi.

 I am an atheist. Ill not learn it in two weeks.There was great laughter from everybody. It was a hot night and there was a good deal going on up in the mountains. Hes a better man than I am. baby. Rinaldi put away the bottle and we went down the stairs. Im Scotch. He said it was true and by the corpse of Bacchus we would test whether it was true or not. That day I visited the posts in the mountains and was back in town late in the afternoon. There were lighted candles on the table. you met British men and sometimes women.

 Roma. Passini was quiet now. The wine was bad but not dull. Some one took hold of me under the arms and somebody else lifted my legs. I sat in the high seat of the Fiat and thought about nothing. I said. Everybody hates this war. And you do love meYes. They do it for nothing. It was not wide enough either to carry all the transport for an offensive and the Austrians could make a shambles out of it.Some of the officers went alone.I walked behind her out into the garden.

 Roma.Youre a good old boy. How are the girlsThere are no girls. with the sun on it. under a hill beyond the river. With a girl it is painful.Go to hell. nights in bed. warmed from the sun on the wall. and then I heard close to me some one saying Mama Mia Oh.Four hundred twenty or minnenwerfer. Please.

 I could have given him that anyway.If everybody would not attack the war would be over. Ive seen you about. he straightened up.Very.A big shell came in and burst outside in the brickyard. Ill see the medical wallahs.They come after you.I think we can get you the silver. I will get you a copy. But they say a Saint Anthonys very useful.Listen.

Of course some of the bonds were not accounted for but the priest had all of the three per cent bonds and several local obligations. Gordini stood up and went outside with me. the lieutenant said.How are you. I said. A shell burst short near the river bank.No.All right. My knee wasnt there.Im not drunk. There are people who are afraid of their officers.You are so modest.

No comments:

Post a Comment