Tuesday, May 10, 2011

.Im dreadfully sorry. The priest looked up.

 This took place at B?ziers
 This took place at B?ziers.Of course they do. Youre not an Italian. His nose was skinned and there was dust on the bloody patch and dust in his hair. I talked with the major and learned that when it should start and our cars should be loaded we would drive them back along the screened road and up to the main road along the ridge where there would be a post and other cars to clear them.Dont go. They arent girls; they are old war comrades. FrancoI am all right.We looked at Rinaldi talking with the other nurse. and I stood outside his cell and I said as though I were going to confession. We go whorehouse before it shuts.Good Christ I said.

 he said. and with the end of the summer. Let them keep their sisters in the house. He recognized me and waved a forceps. Hes coming to see you. I said. she said. the basins and the stoppered bottles.Yes.Are you very tired she asked. It might be good though. I was after him.

If you drop me again. I said.Its a charming place. she said. on the street.No. he said. The cars would be all right with their good metaltometal brakes and anyway. He stopped working and smiled. The pain that the major had spoken about had started and all that was happening was without interest or relation. It looked wide and well made with a good grade and the turns looked very impressive where you could see them through openings in the forest on the mountain side. Miss Barkley was quite tall.

I sat in the reception hail of the villa. Tenente.Bring Caruso. I had a very fine little show and Im all right now.Thats awfully nice. There is good hunting. All fire and smoke and nothing inside. The doctors were working with their sleeves up to their shoulders and were red as butchers. The stream kept on. He was walking with a limp. gonorrhea.Ill go and see now.

 I feigned acquaintance. baby.You sons of bitches. he said. But then he wanted to go to war and I didnt know. said Passini. Rinaldi put away the bottle and we went down the stairs. Lots of them would have liked him to be king. He started the car. Every one laughed. They say if you can prove you did any heroic act you can get the silver. One side must stop fighting.

 I said. The others were shouting.Where is the gasoline park nowAt the same place. I remembered.All bersaglieriI think so. Its only the ambulance. isnt there I was brought up to think there was.Its not serious I hope. I said. yes. she said. You only pretend to be American.

 she said.Dont write anything that will bother the censor. are youNo. I asked him if there was a big dugout where the drivers could stay and he sent a soldier to show me.The forest of oak trees on the mountain beyond the town was gone. He was a big smart tall boy to be in the granatieri. I hope shes not ill. The major was a little man with upturned mustaches. It was quiet for a moment still. Passini said sarcastically.At dinner I ate very quickly and left for the villa where the British had their hospital. fat and prosperous and Vittorio Emmanuele.

 I said.Dont I talk Italian good enoughI knew you was an American all right. Let everybody defend his home.I translated this for Miss Ferguson. I was after him.There is a class that controls a country that is stupid and does not realize anything and never can. when I learned it.Those that went out were not lined up when they took the tenth men.Priest not happy. It was a long time since I had written to the States and I knew I should write but I had let it go so long that it was almost impossible to write now.Where is the gasoline park nowAt the same place. I said.

All thinking men are atheists. Then.And what did he say asked the priest. And come to morrow night.I know how you talk. The lighter was shaped like a Fiat radiator. cheekfitted.Did they cross the river all rightEnormously. We work very hard but no one trusts us. Thats the end of it. there were some new hospitals.Lift it high.

 She would not let me put my arm around her. He was a tall man and wore steel rimmed spectacles. She put it in my hand. It looked wide and well made with a good grade and the turns looked very impressive where you could see them through openings in the forest on the mountain side. The fields were green and there were small green shoots on the vines. looking out of the window of the bawdy house.Were not far from the top.All thinking men are atheists. and the frescoes on the wall and waited for Miss Barkley. After a while the stream from the stretcher above lessened and started to drip again and I heard and felt the canvas above move as the man on the stretcher settled more comfortably. Rinaldi put away the bottle and we went down the stairs.It is probably to draw attention from where the real attack will be.

 The river ran behind us and the town had been captured very handsomely but the mountains beyond it could not be taken and I was very glad the Austrians seemed to want to come back to the town some time.Look at the bump. They had come back for him. that the office opened on.When I got back to the villa it was five oclock and I went out where we washed the cars. I was experiencing the masculine difficulty of making love very long standing up. I myself felt as badly as he did and could not understand why I had not gone. there was the smell of marble floors and hospital. My knee wasnt there. maam. Good by. Alpini would.

 said the driver in Italian looking at the hernia man.No. the long barrels of the guns covered with green branches and green leafy branches and vines laid over the tractors. said Rinaldi. Always with the carabinieri.I have to go. How are the girlsThere are no girls. It does not go so well. With a sabre cut. There isnt always an explanation for everything. He drank a half tumbler of cognac. The men were hot and sweating.

 with plaster and rubble in their gardens and sometimes in the street. I must write some letters. The captain spoke pidgin Italian for my doubtful benefit. Its been in there too long. the major said to the two stretcher bearers. Then the stretcher bearers took the man off the table.Of a whatHe explained.I felt it.He stood up and put on his gloves.Bersaglieri. I felt it against the back of the chair. said the lieutenant.

 Today I see priest with girls.No.Youre not a Catholic. brown mountains with a little green on their slopes. He looked at the priest and shouted. Tenente. You have a good time The others all grinned too.Theyll shell the   out of us.Yes. isnt itWhat gameDont be dull.Im dreadfully sorry. The priest looked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment